ELKO NEW MARKET
Served by Interstate 35 and Scott County Road 2, the city contains one public school Eagle View Elementary, and is primarily known for Elko Speedway. The New Market Hotel and Store is on the National Register of Historic Places. New Market contains a marker for the Big Woods of south–central Minnesota.
New Market is named for the town near Cambridge, England though it was first named Jackson until its establishment in 1858. Elko was initially a railway village about the same time. Both Elko and New Market were common town names of the era according to the Minnesota Historical Society.
For more information click on ELKO NEW MARKET